Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ran/walked 1.5 miles to end the week

My legs were tired when I woke up, and they remained tired throughout the day. My wakeup heart rate was 63; that is an increase from Thursday, confirming that my body is tired. I didn't run until evening (7 pm), and I had a short nap before I left home.

I had a good week. I did a total of 13.5 miles during the week, approximately 5 miles running and 7.5 miles walking. That is the highest weekly mileage that I've had since my blood-clot attack in January 2009.

We had a small amount of rain today, and the daytime temperature was about 45 (F). Even though I ran in the early evening, the temperature was still 40. Spring is coming, and I welcome it!

The Jordan River is still increasing its water-level. At one spot I checked, the water was about a foot below the edge of the bank. It will be interesting to see how long they pump water from Utah lake into the river. They usually don't pump water into the lake until March or April. Starting to pump in February is unusual, and, as I commented last week, the early start in pumping may imply a large spring runoff is expected.

3 comments:

  1. You're progressing very well, you're on your way to having a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are amazing. I want to be running when I am 100. I survived cancer as a 35-year-old and took up running to deal with the pain and stress. Now I am a marathoner and a personal trainer. You are an inspiration to us all!!! Thank you for sharing your passion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind remarks, Abbe.

    Bruce, I am looking forward to a great year! I know you're looking forward to your ultra!

    ReplyDelete