Monday, October 05, 2009

A wonderful 2.5 mile run!

I ran the 2.5 mile route again, and it was a wonderful run. The first phase is the 0.75 mile from the parking lot to the turn around point in the new north-bound section of the Parkway. I only stopped running twice in that distance. The first time was to look at the heron that I've seen in the past, and the second time was to pick apples from "the tree". On the way back to the parking lot, I only stopped twice, once to tell a walker about the Heron and once to take a walking break. That is a significant improvement in my running. During the 1 mile round trip going south, I walked slightly less than I've been doing in my runs.

My wakeup heart rate was 62, higher than I'd like but better than on Saturday. I slept well over the weekend, and that helped. I also was out early (2 hours after I woke up), and that meant I should have more energy than if I had run in the afternoon without eating anything.

4 comments:

  1. Allen,
    That's great. Good post.

    I'm right behind you. No more hip pain, and I'm building mileage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, glad to hear your hip pain is gone! If you wouldn't mind sharing, a lot of people would like to know how you conquered the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen,
    I really enjoy reading your blog. I'm new to running, just started in January. I ran the Ogden half marathon and the Park City half marathon.

    I also frequent the Jordan River parkway. Hope to see you, and maybe the heron, there! Keep up the great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica,

    You've only been running for 9 months and you're doing half marathons! Wow! You're really a go-getter.

    I live in the south end of the valley and run north from 100th South to the West Jordan border. Then I run south towards 106th South. Before I was attacked by blood clots in January, I ran south into Riverton. Now, I'm still trying to get to 106th :)

    If you see me, you'll recognize me by the hat I wear -- a wide brimmed hat to shade my face, ears, etc. to keep the skin cancers away.

    ReplyDelete