Monday, June 30, 2008

A new week and a new distance to run

I ran 4.5 miles on the Jordan River Parkway this morning. I was out relatively early (8 am), and the temperature was 70 (F) when I left home and in the high 70s when I returned. I didn't have quite as much energy this morning as I had on Saturday, but I had more than I had on Monday and Wednesday last week. Also, my wakeup heart rate this morning was 54, 2 points higher than last week. My lower energy-level this morning probably means I'm still recovering from my faster run on Saturday. The high temperature was about 95 today with higher humidity.

I'll be adding distance for the next six weeks to get my long run up to about 8 miles. Then I'll do 2 or 3 weeks of low-level speed work to get ready for the Daybreak 5K that I ran last year in September. It was in that race that I set my current PB for a 5K, and I'd like to set a new PB this year.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your recovery is continuing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne,

    It's nice to be old and still be able to do some of the things the younger folks do :)

    A couple of months ago when I pushed my mileage back up to 10 miles, I did it in too big of increases. This time, I'm sticking to the 10% rule....

    ReplyDelete