Monday, June 02, 2008

Today was a great run

Last week was bad news for my running, but today was great! On Monday of last week I over extended myself, and it took the rest of the week for my body to recover. On Friday and Saturday my wakeup heart rate jumped up about 10%, but on Sunday it was down to normal, and today it was only about 4% high.

I ran my four miles today with a typical pace of about 11:30. That is the same pace that did me in last week, but this week that pace was my resting pace. I measured the last half-mile at a pace of 10:50. So, I feel good about today's run. My legs felt fine during the run, and they still feel fine after almost four hours. I did two cadence drills during the run, one out and one back. I did two cadence drills, one out and one back.

I was late getting out to run and hit the trail about 11:30 this morning. The temperature was in the high 70s, the sun was shinning, and it was a beautiful day to be out.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried using RECOVsport to help your body recover after your runs?

    I saw this study,
    Middleton N., Jelen P., Bell G. (2004) Whole blood and mononuclear cell glutathione response to dietary whey protein supplementation in sedentary and trained male human subjects. Inter J Food Sci Nutr 55 2:131-141.

    I know this stuff helps me out when I run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, bree, for the reference. I haven't used that product, but I have read in the running literature that eating protein after a run helps with recovery. I googled the title you gave and found the report on that product.

    ReplyDelete