Monday, September 17, 2007

A tired (but expected) 2.64 miles

Since my 5K race is next Saturday, this week is my taper. However, last week I was busy doing a video and also a book of photographs and some text for my mother-in-law's 90th birthday party on Saturday, and I didn't get as much sleep last week as I needed. I only had 3 hours sleep Friday night. Thus, my body is very tired, and I'm just hoping that I sleep well this week so my body will have recovered by Saturday. I did sleep well Saturday night and Sunday night.

My run today for 2.64 miles was at a slow, restful 11:40 pace.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, THREE hours of sleep!! You must be running on fumes. Makes my lack of sleep mild in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger I could do that with little side effects, but not now. I need my 7-8 hours each night plus a half-hour nap in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete