Friday, September 07, 2007

My 3rd simuation of a 5K

I have a busy schedule tomorrow, so I did today my last run for the week. I ran three one-mile laps with a 1/2 mile walk in between plus a one-mile jog/walk at the beginning for a warm up. My laps were as follows.

Mile 1: 9:49
Mile 2: 9:24
Mile 3: 9:36

If I ran those times during a 5K, I would break 30 minutes by approximately 15 seconds. Those lap times are a significant improvement from last week when I ran my 2nd simulation, and that is a good sign. I'm hoping that with more rest and a lower temperature, I can do better than those times.

The temperature was 82 (F) when I started my run. I had eaten a bowl of oatmeal just 1 1/2 hours before the run, but I didn't notice any problem from the food. I took no walking breaks or water during the run, and I felt pretty good. It was late afternoon, around 4 pm, when I ran. My 5K is two weeks from tomorrow morning, September 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment