Saturday, September 22, 2007

My focus on speed is finished for now

After I ran the Salt Lake City Half-Marathon in April 2007, I decided to focus on increasing my LSD pace. I've succeeded in increasing it by a minute to a minute and a half.

With the completion of the 5K today, I'm shifting gears in my training. I need to bring my medium and long runs back to their 10 miles and 13 miles respectively. So, beginning with my long run next week, I will start increasing the distance of those two runs by 1 mile per week. I should be finished with this phase of my training by the end of the year. Then, during the Winter and early Spring, I will mix a few speed workouts into my long distance, doing cadence drills and fartleks. If I meet my end-of-the-year goal, I will have about three months for my body to get used to the 13 mile distance that I will run when I do the Salt Lake City Half-Marathon on April 19, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment