Saturday, September 01, 2007

My game-plan for the next three weeks

My next 5K is on September 22, three weeks from today.

My runs on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week will be recovery/LSD runs, and I'll let my body determine my pace. Then two days of rest, and on Saturday evening my last simulation of a 5K. Then I have two weeks of recovery/LSD/taper, with my body dictating my pace, and then the race. I hope to be better rested for this 5K than I was for the one on June 30.

On September 15, we're having a special birthday brunch for the birthday of my mother-in-law, Berg. About 120 people have been invited. We're hoping to interview several people who grew up with Berg and videotape the interviews and make a special DVD on Memories of Mor Mor or some such title. Mor Mor is Norwegian for mother's mother, and everyone, related or not, calls Berg Mor Mor. Because of these interviews and the subsequent editing, I may not make some of my runs during the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment