Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My one fear for the 5K on Saturday

I've explained in a previous post that I suffered serious sleep deprivation last week due to working on a special project for my mother-in-law's 90th birthday open house. I've slept well for the past three nights, but I'm still not up to my normal energy level. I hope that I recover from last week before the race on Saturday. If not, my performance will suffer.

By the way, the open house went well. About 150 people attended, a good mixture of family and old friends. A copy of the book of photographs and some text about my mother-in-law that I made was on each table, and people enjoyed browsing through the book. My wife interviewed seven people who gave tributes to her mother, and I recorded the interviews and put them into a DVD. The seven people gave some special remembrances of my mother-in-law. I'm glad my wife and I did the project, and I have no regrets about last week, even if I bomb the race on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment