Saturday, August 04, 2007

The best run I've had for a month!

I ran 5 miles on the Parkway this morning and did really well. Most of the run was between 10:00 and 10:30. A mile was between 9:30 and 9:45. A few minutes was under 9:30 and above 11:30. As I usually do, I didn't force my pace but just let my body do its thing. I felt fine and enjoyed the run.

Even though it was after 10 am when I left home, it was about 10 degrees (F) cooler than it has been, due to a storm front that has been passing through (lots of rain during the past couple of days). The temperature was 78 (F) when I left home and in the low 80s (F) when I returned. I'm sure the lower temperature helped. And, a 6-7 tailwind on the way back may have helped a bit, too, but the same wind was a headwind on the way out :(

1 comment:

  1. You're definitely improving!! You'll be breaking personal records like crazy this coming fall!!

    ReplyDelete