Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Aborted my run & took a rest day

I felt tired when I got up, but I went out running anyway. After a quarter mile, I turned around and walked back. I could have continued and probably felt better after I'd warmed up, but I decided it was better to rest today and increase my chances of having a good run tomorrow rather than risking losing both days. The temperature was about the same as yesterday, so that wasn't a factor in my being tired. Also, I slept well last night. I had a good running week last week and yesterday, and I think my body just needs more rest.

2 comments:

  1. No harm done with taking extra rest as this is your Recovery Week anyway! I wouldn't even concern myself with speed, mileage or performance during my recovery weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I had planned on doing 4 miles at my faster LSD pace, which is becoming my normal pace. But, due to being extra tired, I aborted. The 4 miles is a 20% reduction for my rest week. I mentioned a faster pace. I'm not forcing that pace, just letting my body decide how fast to go.

    Today my wife and I were gone all afternoon and evening for a wedding, and I was on my feet a lot shooting video, so I'm not sure how I will feel in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete