Wednesday, May 31, 2006

An OK 10-miler

I ran 10 miles this morning along the Distributing Canal. I didn't have a lot of energy and took extra walking breaks (short, maybe 30 seconds). The temperature was in the mid 50s (F) when I left and in the mid 70s when I returned. A nice day for running. My wakeup HR was 50.

I saw a mother duck with several ducklings. About 50 feet away were two more ducklings. The mother duck was apparently worried that I might hurt her children, because she was quacking and quacking as I ran past. As I looked ahead and saw the two ducklings that were separated from their family, I thought to myself, "Maybe when I get past the two "orphan" ducklings, they will turn and go back to their mother." The mother duck had a different idea and apparently thought, "That old guy will hurt my kids", because she flew to the two ducklings and ushered them back to the other ducklings. The ducklings that are about a month old are getting big -- two or three times as large as the smaller ducklings that are younger. I still see a few pair (male/female) of ducks that don't have a brood yet.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment