Monday, May 29, 2006

The canals I run are named

My wakeup HR was down to 47, and I felt good. I ran 5 miles along the canal I've been using for the past few years. It was a beautiful day with temperature in the 40s (F). I ran 11 - 12 minute miles, stopped to pick up litter, and felt great! Lots of ducks and ducklings in the canal. I even relived my childhood for a couple of minutes (one of the perks of growing old). I found a piece of 1x1 about a foot and a half long. I threw it in the canal and watched it float downstream. When I was a kid, my friends and I floated sticks in the irrigation ditches to and from school. Many years later, while I was living in Massachusetts, we came west on a vacation to visit family. While in Cedar City, Utah visiting my mom, I took my four kids out for a couple of hours and we floated sticks down the irrigation ditches for about five miles.

Since I've started to explore a second canal, I thought I'd better identify them. The canal I've been following is the Utah Distributing Canal. The canal I ran on Saturday is the Utah Salt Lake Canal. In my blog I will refer to them as the Distributing canal and the Salt Lake Canal. I ran the Distributing Canal this morning.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment