Monday, February 27, 2006

Still need the light day on Mondays

I ran my 4 mile light day this morning. I was a bit tired, indicating I haven't fully recovered from the long run on Saturday, but I felt a bit better than Monday a week ago. My wakeup HR was 50. The temperature was in the high 40s with a warm 5-7 mph wind. It was warm enough that I decided it may be time to switch to a summer, short sleeved T shirt. I had my heaver, long sleeved T shirt on this morning, without a wind jacket. The only walking break I took was at the 2-mile turn around point. The canal road was dry, and it was nice to be on the road again. City streets are nice as a backup, but I don't care for the auto traffic and resulting air pollution.

I'm in week 9 of my marathon plan, and this week is a rest week. I'll be in Arizona over the weekend visiting my son, and I will thus miss the long run. Because of that I didn't reduce the mileage today and won't reduce it on Wednesday. My son, an ex military person, takes "road marches" on Saturdays, so my wife and I will probably get 5 or so miles walking with him. That will be in lieu of the 8 mile long run called for by my plan.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment