Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A great 8 mile medium run

Yesterday my wakeup HR was 50 and this morning it was 49. I felt fine before, during, and after my 8 mile run. I'm taking one-minute walking breaks every mile of my medium and long runs to see what it is like to use them. I like them! They reduce the stress on my body and invigorate me for the next mile. I think I'll keep them while I'm advancing my long run up to 15 miles and then slowly phase them out, first with the medium run and then finally with the long run. Under normal conditions I don't need them on my short rest runs.

Most of my run today was in a light snow storm. The temperature was in the high 20s (F), with no wind. There was about 1/2 inch of snow on the ground. I wore my normal three layers (a regular T-shirt, a heavy long sleeved T-shirt, and a nylon wind breaker).

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment