Saturday, February 04, 2006

Extra sleep really helps!

My wakeup HR was 49 this morning. I got up after my normal 7 hours sleep, and the HR was 51. I went back to bed and slept for half an hour, and the HR was 49 when I woke up. I didn't quite get 7 hours on Thursday night, and my body needed that extra half an hour. I'm just leaving for my run, and I'll report on it when I return.

I'm back. I had a great 8 mile run. The temperature was in the mid 40s (F) with a 7-10 mph headwind and gusts to 15 mph. Having the tailwind on the way back was nice. The canal road was free of snow and dry enough to allow running without one getting mired in the mud. When I got home, I was starting to feel tired, but it was the "good" tired. There are two types of feeling "tired". The bad tired is when you feel like you can't run another step and that you're ready to give up running. The good tired is when you recognize your body needs a rest but your emotions tell you to keep on running.

I saw two ducks (a male and a female) in the canal, swimming in runoff from the melting snow and rain. I don't know where they live during the winter, probably in the "duck area" on 1300 West and about 50 something South, where there are millions of ducks living in a canal that has water year around.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment