Saturday, February 18, 2006

9 mile long run was great!

I'll be leaving for my 9 mile run as soon as I do my stretches. My wakeup PR was 52 on Thursday, 50 on Friday, and 50 today. I feel great and am looking forward to a great run. The sky is cloudy (snow flurries this evening), and the temperature is 17 (F).

I'm back, and I had a great run. I like the walking breaks. They reduce the stress and do invigorate me. I saw several other runners out braving the freezing cold. While I was on the way back, the sun started peeping through the clouds. The temperature when I returned was 27 (F). If all goes well this week, I'll do 10 next Saturday.

Training Graphs

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I came across your running site and am very grateful! I'll be keeping up with your blog now as well as starting my own training plan for some unknown half-marathon in the near future.

    I am enjoying reading your blog and I really like your training plan(s) as they seem very do-able for someone like me. Thanks for your running site and have fun working up to your 15 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, thanks for visiting my site and for taking time to say hello! If you decide to use my plan for your half marathon training, I'll appreciate getting feedback from you about the plan so I can make improvements!

    I am having fun working up to my 15 miler. I should be there in May, and I plan on running the Great Salt Lake Half Marathon in August. The course uses a causeway across the lake to Antelope Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen,
    I'm wondering if you live near me! How coincidental because I actually found your blog because someone on a home organization site mentioned it. Small world!

    So, I started your training program yesterday except I modified it slightly. I am not at a point where I am running 23 miles/week (although I'm not sure I need to be for a half marathon?) so I'll have to work up to a 6 miler. I was able to do a 5 miler yesterday in the comfort of the sea-level gym on Hill Air Force Base, LOL. I incorporated your 1 minute walking periods every mile and found them very helpful!

    I will definately keep you posted on my progress and how I'm utilizing your program. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intesting that two Utahns meet via the Internet. I'm in the southern part of SL County.

    I assumed a 6 mile/24 mile weekly starting point just to keep the total number of weeks from getting really big.

    Thanks for letting me know how the plan works for you and how you modify it.

    I'm doing week 8 this week.

    ReplyDelete