Saturday, August 28, 2021

Last week of August

DAYS WALKED: 5
HEAVY WALK: 2.075
LIGHT WALK: 1.450
TOTAL MILES for WEEK: 7.650

Comments: Due to the dirty air from California and Utah fires earlier in the month, not all days were run as scheduled. The air is still dirty, but it is not as bad as it was two weeks ago. At least I now can see the mountains east of SLC and make out some details in the mountains. For the first time in several days, I can see the Oquirrh mountains west of SLC and the details of the open-pit copper mine that is taking over the mountains.. The current temperature in the shade of our deck is 84 (F).

I walked in the evening on Thursday, because I had a doctor's appointment at 9 am. I wore three layers, in the evening, but two layers would have been sufficient. On Saturday I wore two layers, and that was about right.

On Saturday, I planned to walk one lap, but I didn't quite make it. I completed about 0.6 miles, and then I was too tired to do more. The radioactive water I drank just before my body scans on Thursday made me tired for several days. Thanks to four ward members who saw me and took me home.

On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I plan on doing Heavy runs or walks, and on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I plan on doing Light runs or walks. This schedule alternates Heavy and Light runs or walks, for 6 days of activity per week. Sunday is always a rest day, because it is my Sabbath day. Because of my age I am walking instead of running.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your posts inspiring 👍👍

    ReplyDelete