Sunday, August 15, 2021

Weekly walking summary 7.050 miles this week

Monday. I didn't walk or run today  because of the bad air. The bad air is supposed to start dissipating tomorrow, so we shall see.

Tuesday. The bad air is going away, but it is still there, thanks to the big fires in California. Judy and I did not run or walk today. 

Wednesday. I walked three loops as follows: east, west, east. I also walked 0.2 miles extra distance. I was out about 7:10 and back about 10:30. The air was still dirty, but not as bad as it was last week.'

Thursday. I walked the east loop and then the west loop. Judy walked with me the 0.2 miles of extra distance. I was out at 8:10 am and back about 10:30. There was gentle breeze coming from the south. The temperature was in the 70s (F) during my walk. I jogged a few steps in the middle of my walking. During my walk, I met a ward member, who has recovered from a heart attack, that my walking has motivated him to go walking. I've received similar comments on previous days about my walking.

The air is still bad but not as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago.

Friday. I walked three loops in the following order: west, east, east. In addition, I walked 0.2 miles to get extra distance. I was out about 7:15 am (F) and back about 9:50 am. There was a mild south breeze blowing, with gusts of the breeze about 10 mph. The air is still bad but not as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago. Now, I not only can see the outline of the mountains, I am starting to see some of the details in the mountains. Two weeks ago I couldn't see the mountains at all.

In addition to going a specific distance, I push my stroller  for that distance. I push my stroller, because it helps me keep my balance, and I go faster than I would go with help from a cane or just walking with no help from a stroller or a cane.

Saturday. The air is not as bad today as it has been in past days and weeks. I can see across the SL valley and see the mountains east of the city. I can see details in the mountains, such as snow in the tops of the mountains. There is still smoke in the air over the valley, but things are improving!

I was out about 8:10 and the temperature was in the 60s (F), and I was back at 10:00 and the temperature was in the low 70s. I walked two loops (east, west) and walked 0.2 miles further for extra distance. Each loop is 0.625 in length. I jogged a few steps in the middle of my walking. There was a mild but gusty south breeze blowing, with each gust about 5 mph. Judy was busy mowing the lawns and didn't walk with me.

Sunday. The air is still bad because of a large fire in Parley's canyon, I hope the air will allow walking and running this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment