Saturday, April 03, 2021

Weekly walking summary -- 2.800 miles this week

Monday. The temperature during our walk was 50 (F) but a very strong north wind was blowing. I don't know what the wind chill was, but it felt cold, very cold. The high wind means a cold front will be moving through the area. Later in the day, I listened to a weather report on the radio, and the temperature this afternoon is expected to be in the mid 30s. It is good that we went walking this morning, even with the high winds.

Judy and I went south to the corner, turned left and went to the next corner, for a distance of  about 0.6 miles round trip. With the strong tail wind, it was hard to slow down to a walking speed. We had a strong head wind for the 0.3 miles back to my house, and I went slower against the head wind. By going slower, the head wind had less effect than it would have if I walked at the faster speed. I felt pretty good when I got home, and it felt good to get out of the wind and into a warm house.

A weather report on TV later in the day said the gusts of wind during the morning were up to 50 mph. No wonder it felt so cold. The wind chill was probably below 0F during the gusts of wind and below freezing (32F) during times when the wind was blowing but not in gusts. As I said above, it was cold, very cold.

Tuesday. I walked the same route that we went yesterday, for another 0.6 mile. The cold front has passed, and the temperature during my walk was in the low 40s (F). There was a slight north breeze blowing. but it wasn't much. I felt good when I got home.  I wasn't tired, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's walk. I slept pretty good last night. I went to bed at midnight. I was up at 3 am to take my chemo pills, and I slept soundly until I got up at 6 am to take a dose of fiber powder. I went back to sleep and slept soundly until 8:45 am. I walked after I had half a grapefruit and a bowl of Wheat Chex for breakfast.

It is supposed to get warmer this week but cooler next week as another cold front moves through Utah.

Wednesday. This is a rest (no walk) day. I was in bed about 11:30 pm.

Thursday.  I had breakfast of 1/2 grapefruit and a bowl of Wheat Chex and then we went walking. Judy and I walked the same route we have been doing this week for another 0.6 mile round trip. The temperature was 61 (F) while we were walking. Lots of sun and a slight south breeze. I was tired when we got home, but I am looking forward to my walk tomorrow!

Friday. Judy and I walked the same route we have used in previous days this week for another 0.6 mile. I was tired when we got home -- time for a rest day. Tomorrow is General Conference, and I should have time between sessions for a shorter, rest walk.

Saturday. Judy, our grand daughter Kirsten Maisey, and I walked to the corner and back for 0.400 miles round trip. We went between the morning and afternoon sessions of General Conference. I felt pretty good during our walk. I was tired, but not fatigued, when we finished, and I'm looking forward to my walk on Monday,

The temperature was in the mid 70s (F) while we walked. There was a south wind of about 10-20 mph, indicating a light cold front is coming through this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment