Friday, January 01, 2021

A new year begins

 

The year 2020 is gone, it is past, history. We have begun a new year, the year 2021. I hope this year will bring the happiness that was missing last year.

Today is Friday, and Fridays are my rest days. I won't go outside to walk, but I will move around the house.

Rebecca and her husband, Dustin, with their daughter, my great grand daughter, are visiting from Evanston, so Judy and I get to see our great grand daughter a lot.

I went to my personal doctor, Eric Allen, on Wednesday, and he said my liver and kidneys are fine and my blood is good. He said to keep on doing what I have been doing. Dr. Allen runs marathons, and he said that as soon as I get single walks up to 5 miles, I should let him know  so he can go out with us. I'm wondering if he and I are distant relatives. I was named after my great grandmother, Martha Allen, and that is why I have a sir-name spelling of my name instead of the given-name spelling. Dr. Allen and I probably are not related, because "Allen" is a common sir-name.

No comments:

Post a Comment