Saturday, July 08, 2017

Did 1.7 miles but going back to 1.5 miles

I started my run at 9 am, an hour later than I should have been out but better than many days in the past. I carried three bottles of water and used about 2 1/2 bottles. The air temperature was hot during my run. On the way back, I got tired and took a long break at the table that is about 0.4 miles from the parking lot at 100th South, or after I had gone about 1.3 miles.

I've always had the philosophy that summer running is for survival, and today proved that point. Rather than just "survive", I increased my distance, and as a result I got tired on the way back. Until the temperature goes down, I think I will cap my run at 1.5 miles and run and walk to "survive" the heat. I'm glad I had the water bottles, because I needed the water. The forecast is slightly cooler on Monday, so we shall see how I feel. I didn't eat before my run this morning, so I was going on energy from last evening. I've always run on an empty stomach, so the lack of energy this morning was probably due to my old age, to the hot weather, and to the lack of sleep last night; I had about 6 hours of sleep. I took a 1/2 hour nap when I got home, but I still was tired during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment