Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Another 1.5 miles

I was on the path by 7:30 this morning, and there was a lot of shade! I went 0.75 miles out and 0.75 miles back, going north from 100th South. I drank two bottles of water but carried three bottles. Two bottles of water seems to be enough water when there is a lot of shade of the path and the air temperature is in the 70s (F). Three bottles of water is enough when there is less shade and the air temperature is higher. I felt fine during my run today but was tired at the end due to only getting 4 1/2 hours sleep last night. I wasn't dizzy, though, indicating I had enough water for the distance and temperature. I had a good drink before I left home and another drink in the parking lot before I started the run. I also had a smaller drink in the parking lot at the end of my run. I've been taking two rest breaks, one after 1.1 miles (on my way back) and the second one after 1.35 miles (also on my way back). Today, I skipped the first rest break, and I took a break at the bench at 1.35 miles. Because I was out early, that bench still was in the shade.

This has been a hot week, and the heat is predicted to continue during the week.  The peak temperature today was about 102 (F), and I'm glad I went running in the morning when the temperature was lower than the peak. The temperatures this week have been about 10 degrees above normal, and I don't know how long this heat-wave will last.


No comments:

Post a Comment