Monday, January 02, 2017

Ran 1.6 miles

There was a light snow falling this morning, and I elected to go to the South Jordan rec center. I ran and walked 16 laps around the indoor track, which corresponds to 1.6 miles. I had hoped to go for 20 laps, but I started getting dizzy, and I aborted and went home. I had a light case of the flu yesterday and Saturday, and that probably accounted for my dizziness. Also, I ate 3 Norwegian pancakes before I left home, and my breathing wasn't very good. The temperature today is expected to be about 35 (F), so the snow should begin melting. By the time I started home, the show had stopped and the sun was peaking out from the clouds.

Today, tomorrow, and Wednesday are predicted to be Green days (no limitations), so the inversion causing our bad air last week is gone, and things look good for running, assuming South Jordan City clears the path on the Jordan River Parkway. When I was younger, I didn't mind running on ice, but now that I'm older I'm more cautious about my running.

In the following clip from the movie Bambi, Bambi is a newborn deer who is just learning to walk but walks like an old person; he is slipping on the ice. Thumper, the rabbit,  is a youngster who is running with no problems on the ice.


Latcr: The snow continued throughout the day and was heavier during the evening than it had been during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment