Saturday, January 21, 2017

2.2 Miles Ended the Week

Today was a Green day (no restrictions), but we had about 9 inches of heavy snow on the ground, so I went to the South Jordan rec center and ran and walked 22 laps around the indoor track. Also, it was late afternoon when I went to the rec center, and it was dark when I finished. I'm glad I was in the rec center, because my wife doesn't like me to be on the Jordan River Parkway after dark. Also, I wanted to give the maintenance people more time to plow the snow from the path.

The daytime temperature was about 36 (F), so there was some melting of the snow and ice. My wife and I scrapped the snow from our driveway this morning and found that there was a thin layer of ice under the snow, because the cement was slippery once the snow was removed. Fresh snow is not slippery, but ice may be under the snow. A few years ago I was running on the Parkway path through a few inches of snow, and all of a sudden I found myself lying in the path. Ice had formed during the night and then snow covered the ice. I didn't break any bones, but I was sore for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment