Saturday, May 07, 2016

Another 1.8 miles

I started my run about 11:30 this morning. The temperature was in the low 60s. There were quite a few runners, walkers, and cyclists on the path. I used a 30 second:60 second ratio of walking and running. I felt very strong and took no breaks going out and two short breaks coming back. This is in contrast to my previous runs for this distance earlier this week.

It's good that I felt energetic, because I had to mow my lawns after I returned home. The sun was shining during my run and afterwards. However, I fell asleep, and when I awoke the sky was overcast and there was thunder. I knew that rain was coming, so I did the lawn as fast as I could. I finished the last half of the back yard in the rain. I was soaked when I finished, but I did finish the lawn. I put the mower away and came inside to dry out.

Yesterday I was taking care of a grandchild for a couple of hours. We walked about a mile round trip to look at a nearby canal to see if the canal had water. It did, and we saw several ducks in the canal. The canals usually get water during the 1st or 2nd week in May and keep the water until the middle of October. One of the ducks was a mother with 7 ducklings following her. Today, while on my run, I saw two quail near the Jordan River. I saw no babies, though.

The following picture was taken from the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment