Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Ran/walked 2.3 windy miles

My wife, Judy, and our grand daughter, Anja, went from the South Jordan East Pavilion to the Draper playground at about 12100 South. Judy was walking, and Anja was on her scooter. I went about half way to the playground, running 25 seconds and walking 50 seconds, and I then returned to my car. When I reached the car, I had only gone 2 miles, so I ran north 0.15 miles and returned to the car, and I drove to the Riverton playground which is across the river from the Draper playground. Lots of runners and cyclists were on the path, but not many walkers. I took no rest stops during my run. There was a gusty north wind of about 15 mph which made it cooler than the mid-50 degrees (F) given in the weather reports. When the wind wasn't blowing, the sun felt nice. I wore running shorts and a single t-shirt. A jacket would have been nice as a wind breaker.

When I got to the Riverton playground, my wife was on a bench watching Anja climb on the slides and other things on the playground. I watched Anja for about 15 minutes, and then we drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment