Saturday, February 21, 2015

Final run this week of 2 miles

In the late evening, I ran/walked 2 miles again. The temperature during the run was in the low 40s (F). I took no rest breaks. After I finished, I stopped at a grocery store for a few minutes, and it was dark when I left the store. There weren't many people on the path, probably because of the late hour. Even though I wore long pants and three layers, I was cold during the run and had just begun to get warm when the run was over. Coming back, I had a slight head-wind of about 2 mph. Not much of a wind but enough to reduce the wind-chill a degree or two. When I was younger I would have run in running shorts and two layers on my upper body. Now, I run in long pants and three layers. It's different running as an old man, but listening to ones body is the key to success at any age.

1 comment:

  1. "It's different running as an old man, but listening to ones body is the key to success at any age".

    Exactly, couldn't agree more - not that I'm an old man yet....
    Keep on running Allen

    ReplyDelete