Saturday, November 02, 2013

Ran/walked 61 minutes and did 3.1 miles

My wife was busy planting tulip bulbs, so I went running by myself. I parked at the 100th South lot and went south on the Jordan River Parkway. Quite a few walkers, cyclists, and runners were out on a beautiful afternoon. The shade temperature was about 58 (F), but the sun temperature was in the 60s. Not a cloud was in the sky. There was a lot of wind blowing from the south. That wind, a headwind, made it harder to run, but it kept me cool. I originally started with 3 layers, but after about half a mile, I took off my nylon windbreaker and tied it around my waist. I had a nice run/walk.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Allen, been a long time. Came across your blog again today and was so happy to see you still running. I am still trying to get back into it. Started the c25k program (run/walk) last week and so far so good. Don't know if I'll ever get back to the way I was when I ran NYC in 2009, but i'd be happy with 3 or 4 run/walks per week. I'm looking forward to reading your blog again and re learning how to run/walk. Hope all is well. Joanne (aka LIrunner9)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne,

    Really nice to hear from you again and to see that you're still churning out the miles!

    Jeff Galloway is the author of run/walk. His site has a lot of good information.

    http://jeffgalloway.com

    I follow him on Twitter and retweet many of his tweets.

    ReplyDelete