Thursday, November 07, 2013

Ran 3.35 miles in 63 minutes

My wife and I went to the Jordan River about 9 am. She did her usual 2 miles, and I extended my run by 3 minutes and did 3.35 miles in 63 minutes. The temperature was 44 (F) when we left home and 48 when we returned. The afternoon max temperature is expected to be about 60. I've recognized that I do better in the mornings than in the afternoons. When I was younger, I could run at any time of day or night, but as I get older, I'm finding out that my energy-level goes down as the day progresses, and that morning runs are better because my energy level is higher.

We parked at 100th South and went south. There was a strong headwind (10-20 mph) that made running harder, and I looked forward to having that wind as a tail wind on the way back. However, as often happens, the wind died down shortly after I turned around, and the tail wind was about 5 mph. Oh well, running against wind is a good experience, as long as it isn't every run.

Not many people were on the path today. A few walkers and one guy on roller blades. He skated like he was skiing, and he used ski poles to push him on his skates. I assume he is a cross-country skier who is keeping in shape during off-skiing times. He was going fast when he passed me; it seemed like he was going as fast as the cyclists go.

No comments:

Post a Comment