Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Ran 3.26 miles in 60 minutes

Today was a cold day with snow flurries during the night and early morning. I went running at 4:30, and since we're off daylight savings time, the sun was behind the Oquirrh Mountains when I started my run. I was back to my car an hour later and it wasn't quite dark yet. Because of the mountains, the Salt Lake valley has a long dusk period.

I wore three layers, two short-sleeved t-shirts and my long-sleeved nylon jacket. I didn't check the temperature before I left home, but the temperature when I got back was 33 (F). My body felt fine, but my hands were cold because I didn't wear gloves.

I had a great run, my best run in several weeks. I felt strong during the run and took no rest stops. I'm still running and walking for 60 seconds each.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you really enjoyed that last run of yours - unlike me. Maybe it was the flu jab I had last week, but I've felt terrible on my three latest runs, so considering using Galloway's run/walk method until I get over this feeling of weakness.
    Keep on running....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Runningfox,

    Yes, I really enjoyed running yesterday. I've been using run/walk for several years. I'm currently using 1 minute running and one minute walking. Feeling terrible on your latest runs means your body is tired and you need more rest. Run/walk will help with that. And/or take a couple days off from running and get extra rest. You and I are getting old, and we don't have the endurance we used to have. I remember when I was in my mid 40s, I could do yard work all day and then go run 15 miles after dark. Not anymore.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen, you are an inspiration to all of us runners out there. I hope and pray that when I'm in my 70s, that I'll be going strong just like you. You are doing a great job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete