Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ran 3.4 miles in about 68 minutes

Boy, I had a great run this morning! My wakeup heart rate was 58, and I felt strong. I've learned through all my years of running that how I feel during my 30 situps before I run is a good indication of the energy-level of my body. I felt great today and did the situps pretty fast.

The sky was cloudy (showers forecast for tonight and tomorrow), and the temperature was in the mid 70s (F) during my run/walk. I didn't carry water but had good drinks before and after my run. I kept the length of my walk phase to 60 seconds but increased the length of my run phase to 80 seconds. I took no rest breaks and felt strong for the full 3.4 miles. There was no detectable breeze. A few rain drops fell during the first part of my run, but they didn't amount to anything, and the "shower" only lasted for a few minutes.

I didn't see other runners on the Parkway, but I did see cyclists and walkers and dogs.

For several years I thought quail couldn't fly, because I only saw them walking on the asphalt path. However, in recent weeks, I've seen quail fly. I saw one this morning perched on a tall (7 feet) wooden pole. It flew to the ground as I passed the pole.


The Jordan River is very low. Sand banks that usually are covered with water are growing nice crops of grass and small bushes. I hope we get rain tonight and tomorrow -- we need the water, and the relief from the summer heat is nice.

Notice, in the following photo of Italy taken from the web, that you can see rain coming down. Look at the left-center of the picture. This is how the sky looked at my run earlier this week. Today the sky was cloudy but I saw no rain coming down.


No comments:

Post a Comment