Monday, July 08, 2013

Ran 3 miles

I ran during the mid-day and completed 3 miles. I went north from 100th South for a mile and then returned to the parking lot. Then I went south for half a mile and returned. After I finished running/walking, I sat in my car and ate a protein bar and then drove home. It started sprinkling when I started driving, and it rained heavily while I drove home. I could tell a storm was coming, because I heard thunder in the distance and saw rain clouds north of me. During my run, I used a technique I used in Massachusetts. I didn't run on the right side of the path as most people do. I didn't run tangents as if I were in a race. Instead, I ran "shadows", cris-crossing the path to run in the few patches of shade that were on the path. The good news is that during the last half of my run, the sky became cloudy, and I lost the direct sun that had been shinning in the sky. This reduced the temperature a bit. In addition, there was a 5-10 mpm breeze blowing, and that helped cool me some. All in all, it was a nice day and a nice run!

No comments:

Post a Comment