Saturday, May 18, 2013

Ran 1 mile and was glad I got that far

My wakeup heart rate was 63, and that is high enough that I should have stayed home. But I went running with a hope of doing 2.5 miles. However, at 1/2 mile, I turned around and went home. My legs felt like they were made of lead, and I had no energy for walking much less for running. I took a nap and felt better. I've been seriously sleep-deprived for the past couple of weeks, and it finally got to me. I did have the last two nights of good sleep, but my body still sent me a loud message that I need to change my behavior.

.

3 comments:

  1. Don't overwork yourself! I am glad you listened to your body and went back home! I need to catch up on some sleep, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, fantastic and complete blog, I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not force your body because this may lead to injuries and you can get sick. Try to relax. Hope that you can do that 2.5 miles soon.

    ReplyDelete