Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lots of Cross Training This Week

We've had snow almost every day for the past two weeks. I live in the south end of the Salt Lake valley, and the snow hasn't been deep at my house, but in Salt Lake City it has been very deep. In one storm, for example, there was 3 inches at my house and 20 inches in Salt Lake City. Except for the past couple of days, the daytime temperatures have been below freezing and the nighttime lows in the single digits. I wasn't expecting to do much running this week, because we've had two grand children staying with us, and one of them is three years old and is into everything. Instead of running, I've been doing cross training shoveling snow. I read a science report this week that said that as long as it accumulates to half an hour, raking leaves (and I assume shoveling snow) is as good for your body as going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment