Friday, January 25, 2013

Rode the Expresso Bike for 7.4 Miles as Cross Training

Today is a non-running day, and I thought I'd go to the community gym and ride the Expresso bike as cross training. I rode that bike for the first time on Wednesday. My cross training is supposed to be restful, but I found today that I pushed quite hard trying to go as fast through the courses as I could. When I finished I was huffing and puffing, and my legs were tired. Next time, I'll go slower and make the rides more restful. During warmer weather I do a lot of yard work, including mowing lawns weekly and rototilling during the Spring and Fall, and that serves as my cross training. During the Winter I'm not in my yard, and I need to do something for cross training. Cycling, if I take it easy, is good cross training, as is walking. When I was younger, I ran about half the distance that I did for my stressful runs, but as I've gotten older, I reduced my running to 2-3 times per week. Right now, the Expresso bike is an attraction to me because it is something new. Eventually, I'll tire of it and will look for something else to do for cross training.

No comments:

Post a Comment