Monday, October 18, 2010

Finally made it to 5 miles in my run

Today was a special day in my running. I increased my run to 5 miles. This is special, because now a 10% addition will be 1/2 mile or more, and that is a significant increase. Also, I'm capping my Monday/Tuesday run at 5 miles, and that distance will become a rest distance. My Wednesday/Thursday run will continue to increase until it reaches 7 miles, and then it will be capped at that distance. My Saturday run will increase to 10 miles and then be capped. That will give me a 22-mile week, the distance I was running before my blood clots in January 2009.

My wakeup heart rate was 55, and I felt pretty good when I left home. I started from the 100th South entrance and ran south for 2.5 miles. I turned around about 100 feet after the narrow bridge across the Jordan River. I ran/walked 95/66 left-foot steps the whole distance. I took two sitting rest breaks, with 1.3 miles to go and with 0.5 miles to go. It was another beautiful day -- slightly warmer than last week, but fine. The shade temperature was in the low 70s (F) when I left home about 10:45 am. There was a slight wind from the south, about 5 mph.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your run today! You are an inpsiration!

    ReplyDelete