Monday, October 04, 2010

Another four miles goes into the log -- nice run!

I ran the 4-mile route again, and I wasn't as tired as I was last week. The temperature was in the low 70s (F), and that helped. The sky was cloudy with breaks of sunlight during the run, but by the time I finished, the sky was overcast due to a storm moving in. It should be raining by this evening. I took one rest stop just before the 2-mile turnaround point.

I felt stronger on the way back compared to how I felt going out. This happens a lot, and I wonder if it is due to the two energy bars I ate while driving down to the Jordan River. By the time I turned around, my digestive system might have started extracting energy from the food. I did eat breakfast this morning because I knew I wouldn't be going out very early, and I'm sure energy from breakfast was helpful during the run.

All in all, it was a nice run. I need to run the 4-mile route several times before I increase the distance. As soon as I reach 5-miles, I will cap my Monday run at that distance and let the other two runs head for 7 miles.

My wakeup heart rate was 59, a little higher than it was Friday and Saturday. The likely cause of this was that I only got 6 hours sleep Saturday night. I got a good 7 hours last night.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure why it is but I also have the feeling of feeling better in the second half of most of my runs. Probably because I know I'm almost finishing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think that knowing the run is almost over is part of it. I know where the 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8 mile markers are, and as I pass the markers my energy zooms up, my feeling of tiredness goes away, and I finish feeling like a world-champion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel stronger on my way back on my longer runs too.
    I am glad you were not as tired as last week!

    ReplyDelete