Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another 5 miles of running after our first snow storm of the winter

The weather forecast said rain, but when I woke up this morning, there was 5 inches of snow on the ground. The weatherman said it was lake effect from the Great Salt Lake. When I left to go running in the early afternoon, the shade temperature was 41 (F), but the sun temperature was probably in the low 70s, and the snow was almost all gone. The Parkway path had no snow.

I really enjoyed the run, even with a high wakeup heart rate of 62 and only 6 hours of sleep. It's been a week since my last run, and I think the week of rest was good for me. I purposefully didn't run on Saturday because I wanted to give my body more rest, and I missed Monday's run due to schedule conflicts. The cool weather probably helped, too. I was sweating around my hat, but I wore my nylon jacket, and I felt comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment