Friday, November 13, 2009

Today was my best run since January BC (before clots)

I ran 3.88 miles this afternoon. I had planned on running 3.66 miles, a 10% increase, but it was getting dark when I reached my turnaround point, and I couldn't see my GPS very well. I went further than I had planned and did a 13.5% increase. I also went a bit faster than I have in the past. Not intentionally faster; I just let my body dictate the pace. During the last mile, I took more walking breaks, but not as many as I've done in the past. Today's run was much better than the run on Monday and the runs last week.

It is 0.75 miles north to the turnaround, and I've been stopping and walking 2-4 times during that distance. Today I only stopped once on the way out and once on the way back. On the way back, I stopped to talk with the land owner who has been operating heavy equipment for the past two years on his land next to the Parkway path. I've been curious to know what he is planning, and he said it was new homes. Tonight, he had a big shovel moving big rocks next to the chain-link fence to be a rock wall. The part of the wall that he has finished looks nice. Having lived in Massachusetts for 17 years where rock walls are everywhere, I love rock walls.

The temperature was 38 (F) when I left home and 33 (F) when I returned. I only had two layers on (T-shirt and my nylon wind breaker), but once I started running and got warmed up, I was fine. I think I will, though, switch to a long sleeved T-shirt. The nylon arms of my jacket did feel cold on my bare arms.

1 comment: