Saturday, November 28, 2009

I had a great 4 mile run today

My wakeup heart rate was 53. I was busy with my visiting grandkids until about 2 pm, and then I did my 4-mile run. I ran and walked about the same amounts that I did earlier this week, but I felt better after my run, indicating that I'm starting to adjust to the distance. I will keep the distance at 4 miles during the coming week. The temperature was in the low 40s (F) when I began and in the high 30s when I finished. There was a 5-10 mph wind blowing, and the air was cold. I felt fine, though, with my two layers. Utah has very dry air, and that helps keep our body-heat inside our clothes.

On the way back, I saw a man and a woman feeding bread to some ducks, and I stopped and said, "You're the ducks best friends". I chatted with the couple for about 15 minutes. The man is a graduate from Stanford and attended the University of Utah medical school. He has been involved with computers since the late 1970s, and he was interesting to talk with. We talked about the history of computers and how technology has changed in recent years.

No comments:

Post a Comment