Monday, April 13, 2009

Walked today but no jogging

I've been beginning my walk/jogs with a walk of about 400 feet to warm up. However, during that warm up today, I could tell my body and legs were tired, and I walked the whole 1.5 miles. I didn't sleep very well last night due to my smoke detectors going off about every half hour for most of the night. The alarms started a few minutes after midnight and would sound for a few seconds and then turn off. It was hard to tell which alarm was causing the problem, because the alarms are tied together such that they all go off even though only one detector may originate the alarms. There was no fire or smoke in the house, and the alarms were false alarms. I was glad last night that the detectors weren't monitored by an alarm company, but in the case of a real fire, it would be nice to have them monitored. The picture shown below is of a different brand but the same kind of detector (I think) as my detectors.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Allen

    I wanted to drop you an email but I can't work out how to do that! I just wanted to tell you that I stumbled across your blog a while back when looking for running tips or something like that and was totally entertained by your blog! I started running only in 2008 and by the end of the year, I completed my first half marathon. You really inspire me to keep running, even on days when I don't think my legs can carry me! Keep writing won't you and keep up those walks! But maybe buy a new smoke alarm system.... :P

    Bubs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bubs,

    Thanks for your nice comment about my blog. I did buy and install a new alarm system a few months ago, but I haven't removed the old system yet. The problem I had yesterday morning was with the old system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well in that case, who can you blame hu? ;)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky you were able to walk. My arthritis is getting more and more worse by the day. I can't even go to the pharmacy anymore. I have to buy from pharmacies online now.

    ReplyDelete