Thursday, April 09, 2009

More jogging in my 1.5 miles

I ran 10 spurts of jogging instead of the 8 that I've been running. The jogs were about the same distance they were last week (I did less walking between jogs). My body and legs felt fine. So, I'll see how I feel on Saturday.

Concerning my recovery from the swelling caused by the blood clots. My weight is down to 165.8 pounds. My normal is about 162 pounds, so I'm about 4 pounds high. I don't know if that 4 pounds is actual weight gain due to my running less, or if it is water weight from the swelling, or some of both. I weighed 1/2 pound less this morning than yesterday morning, and that implies it was a loss of water as my swelling goes down. Each morning I measure the circumference of my legs at three places on the legs (ankle, mid calf, and middle of the quads). The numbers aren't changing much, indicating that any water from the swelling is on my stomach. My stomach is bigger than it should be, so that means water weight there or actual fat there....

I haven't been measuring my wakeup heart rate lately, so I don't know how it is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment