Monday, March 30, 2009

Another week of doing 1.5 miles with some jogging

I did the 1.5 miles again in the late afternoon and did the 8 segments of jogging with the rest being walking. I think I felt a little stronger tonight compared to last week. I've been picking up litter during my walks, and the path is looking pretty clean. The temperature during my walk/jog was in the high 30s (F).

I checked my cadence while jogging, and it was 174. That is a good sign. My normal cadence for my running is 180-185, so I'm close to the same speed of moving my legs. The difference, of course, is that I'm taking very small steps compared to my normal steps while running. As I get stronger I will automatically take longer steps as I run faster (my jogging right now isn't much faster than my walking).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth,

    Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! I'm glad you're finding the blog interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're progressing well! Time on your feet is more important than the speed therefore I wouldn't be too concerned about jogging not much faster than walking...of course you already know that!!! Due to your blog, I counted my cadence during yesterday's General Aerobic Run, and it was 179.

    ReplyDelete