Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Busy weekend ended with another 0.65 walk today

On Thursday my wife and I drove to Los Angeles (10 hours each way) to attend a conference on "Parallels and Convergences: Mormon Thought and Engineering Vision" at the Claremont School of Religion at the Claremont Graduate University. On Friday we toured the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena and attended the Keynote address at Claremont that evening. All day Saturday was spent in the Conference, and I gave my paper on "God, the Perfect Engineer" as the first speaker. We came home on Sunday. I didn't do any organized walking during the four days, but I was on my feet a lot and did a lot of walking during the tour at JPL. I walked the 0.65 miles again today. I felt fine during all of this. I didn't get particularly tired during the four days and today, and I had a high energy level. My walk today was at a faster pace than it was last week.

3 comments:

  1. The topic of your talk sounds really interesting. Do you mind sharing it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Herb,

    Go to my religious essays and click on God, the Perfect Engineer in the Science category. To read about the conference itself, click on Convergence of Science & Religion, which is just above the other link, and look in the left side-bar under Conference Papers heading. At some point in time, all of the papers will be online, including video of the presentations, at that site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herb, videos of the presentations are online at http://pc2009.confreaks.com

    ReplyDelete