Friday, March 27, 2009

Walked/jogged the 1.5 miles again

Just as the sun was going down, I walked and jogged the 1.5 mile route that I've been using this week. I did 8 jogs, the same as I've done in my two earlier activities this week. I felt about the same as I did on Monday and Wednesday -- great at the beginning and tired at the end. I'm going to give my body more time to adjust to the jogging by doing the 8 jogs again next week. I won't increase the amount of jogging until I feel fine at the end of the distance.

While I was walking, I measured my cadence rate at 124 steps per minute. That is not a fast rate or a slow rate. For me it was a comfortable rate. Next week I'll measure my cadence while jogging to see if it is close to the 180 that I had before the clot-attack in January.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't measured my cadence in a long time, your post reminds me to try counting this week too.

    Your jogging is improving well and your timing is great...almost time for beautiful Spring weather and you'll be running farther!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bruce,

    One advantage of a fast cadence is it forces you to take smaller steps. I watched an old WWII movie the other night. The soldiers were marching at a cadence of 120, and that seemed really slow :) That cadence used to seem fast to me.

    ReplyDelete