Thursday, October 30, 2008

A 3-mile rest run

I felt pretty good for the first two miles of my run, but at 2 1/4 miles I could tell I was starting to get tired, so I turned around and returned. Being tired today was expected, because Monday night I only had 4 hours sleep, and Tuesday night I had no sleep. I did have two naps on Wednesday, totaling 5 hours sleep. I was busy making changes to my leigh.org site to add DNA testing for genealogy, and I just kept working through the night. On Wednesday night I had a good 7 1/2 hours sleep, but I need more sleep than that to recover from two nights of sleep deficit, and I was thus tired on Thursday during my run.

Our weather is still nice, more like September than the end of October.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I was wondering if you ever discovered what the small black ducks with the white bills are. I am in Pennsylvania and saw three of the same today in the lake. They are NOT American coots, I am sure. They are quite small, and they don't have the chicken-type bill of the coot. If you've ever found out, please let me know... it's making me crazy! mlvs@mlvs.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't found out what they are, and none of my visitors to the "duck" posts seem to know, either.

    ReplyDelete