Friday, September 01, 2006

Still have my cold

My wakeup HR was 50 this morning. I feel fine and am enjoying my rest day in preparation for a long run tomorrow of (hopefully) 1 1/2 hours.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I came down with a cold last Saturday evening. I still have the cold, but it is in the "thick mucus" stage, and it isn't having much effect on my energy level. This cold is like my previous cold, in that my body quickly (2 days) went into the "thick" stage and then took several days to leave the "thick" stage. Before I started running, I would be in the "thin" stage for a week and in the "thick" stage for another week. Now, as a runner, I get fewer colds and usually only if I have insufficient sleep or push myself too hard in my running, and I only stay in the "thin" stage for a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment