Saturday, September 23, 2006

The end of an Era -- No more Etonic shoes

Today was the end of an era for me. I've used Etonic running shoes for almost all of my running career, beginning in 1976 when I moved from Phoenix to Massachusetts. Back then Etonic was a strong name in running shoes. About 8 or 9 months ago I decided to try new shoes to take advantage of advancements in shoe design and newer materials. The Stabilizer Pro shoes I was using are an old design, at least 15-years old.

I tried LOCO shoes (http://www.locorunning.com/) and liked them and have been using them for the past few months. However, I did have one pair of Etonic Stabilizer Pro shoes left, and I wore them during the late spring and early summer.

About 100 miles before the GSL, I switched to a new pair of LOCO Perfecto shoes and wore them in the GSL. I used my old Etonic shoes as my everyday shoes. After the GSL, I went back to my old Perfecto shoes. I decided this morning that it was time to switch back to the new Perfecto shoes and to use the old ones for my everyday shoes. So, I took my old Etonic shoes to the trash bin with gratitude in my heart for about 30 years of good service by the Etonic company.

I read recently that Etonic is coming back into the running-shoe business, and I hope they do well. I like my LOCO shoes and will stick with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment