Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Increasing my mileage at a higher rate than before my auto accident

I ran my 6 mile route along the canal road this morning and felt stronger than I did on Monday. My wakeup HR was down to 51 and that helped.

During the first five months of running after my accident, I was able to increase my mileage at a faster rate than I did before the accident. Before, I increased my distance after 6-7 runs. After the accident, I increased my distance after 3 runs. However, when I recently reached 5 miles, I could tell my body needed more time to adjust to the higher mileage. The tired feeling I've had during my 6 mile runs has confirmed that I should probably run that distance a few more times before I increase it. Also, I'll be going into surgery at the end of March for two hernias, and during April I'll have the first of 5 or 6 surgeries for skin cancer (basal cell). This means that I'll not be running for several weeks after the hernia operation and for a week after each skin cancer operation. Because of this, I think I'll use the rest of March to become better adjusted to my 6 miles. By being able to run 6 miles with less fatigue, I'll be stronger to handle and recover from the surgeries.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment